School Lunch Provision
Our lunch time catering is provided by Mellors Catering Services.
Mellors Catering Services is a family business, with strong family values. Over the last 20 years we have grown considerably and now serve in the region of 87,000 school dinners every day, focusing specifically in the North of England and Midlands. Our children now benefit from some of the healthiest school lunches in the world. Wholesome, fresh, locally sourced food underpins our food foundations. They are nutritionally balanced, tasty and include old favourites such as roast dinners, spaghetti bolognaise and the occasional plate of fish and chips. After all, when children eats better, they do better and feel better! Put your trust in us and see them grow.
Students love eating together at lunch time. There is a real buzz around school and lunch has become an integral part of a schools culture and curriculum. It has created a new vibrancy in schools and we are finding that, when they see the main meal offers and range of nutritious grab and go options, students are trying an array of new foods. Staying hydrated and eating right will allow students to perform better at school. Encouraging your children to have a school lunch will give you peace of mind that their nutritional needs are catered for. Studies have shown that 72% of students taking a school lunch will select vegetables, verses only 6% who take a packed lunch. Our school counters are packed full of choice and we encourage all of our students to eat a balanced diet and a rainbow of fruit and vegetables, helping to keep their minds and bodies focussed and healthy.
Mellors Catering Services key facts:
- Award winning contract caterer
- family business catering for over 260 schools in the North of England
- All meals are made from scratch, daily by our onsite catering teams
- Fresh ingredients from local suppliers
- All of our schools have bespoke menus to meet their individual needs
- Special theme days each month where we dress up and have fun
- Guaranteed hot meal every day for children with a registered food allergy or intolerance.